About Lloyd DupontDownload Resumé.
On the Web:
- Coding blog: http://galador.net/codeblog/
- On Twitter: https://twitter.com/lloyddupont
- On CodePlex: http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/lloyd
- On CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/script/Articles/MemberArticles.aspx?amid=141933
Short BiographyLloyd Dupont is an Australia born Frenchman living in Australia now (thanks to his Australian passport! ^^). Lloyd is an enthusiastic .NET (C#, WPF, WCF, Silverlight, WinForm, Enitity Framework, MVC), WinRT (C++, DirectX) developer, who has slowly increased his Microsoft expertise since 2001. Before that he was working with ObjectiveC on NeXT and Java. Lloyd is an easy going person who like outdoor activity and martial art (I used to practice many before my health trouble were too bad, and I'm soon going to practice again! :). Lloyd has been afflicted many years by chronic sicknesses, mostly chemical sensitivity as a side effect of long term ignored celiac disease. He had to live in ever more remote places to cope with life!
But, finaly, since 2009 he finally started to get the upper hand. Although very slowly...
ReadingsSome of my favorites sci-fi and fantasy writers are John Scalzi, Brandon Sanderson, D.A. Boulter, George R.R. Martin, Peter F. Hamilton Fritz Leiber, David Gemmel. Some of my favorites economic / anthropologic / history readings are Why the west rules, for now by Ian Morris, Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond, Future Eaters by Tim Flannery, How Much is Enough? by Robert Skidelsky, Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell, Moral Origins: The Evolution of Virtue, Altruism and Shame by Christopher Boehm.
- Consultant at ESRI Australia (06/2011, Darwin, NT):
- Programmer at Agtrix (08/2008-06/2011, Billinudgel, NSW):
Work on a line of farming application on ruggedized tablets, desktop, server,... To track all machinery, report work, calculate harvest reports, show it on maps. Using C#, WPF, WCF, SqlServer, Silverlight.
- Programmer at Controlability (01/2008-08/2008, Darwin, NT):
State machine, and hardware controller and embedded system, with C# and Windows XP Embedded.
- Programmer at NovaMind (01/2005-11/2007, Brisbane, QLD):
Porting a MacOSX general public application, shared data classes with GNUstep and C++/CLI. Lots of UI components in WinForm, WPF, GDI, GDI+.
- Programmer at 5D Services (06/2002-06/12-2004, Sydney, NSW):
Writing asset management software in Java and .NET as well as hardware monitoring service in ObjectiveC (Apple) and .NET for our hardware clients.
- Programmer at Ukibi (10/2000-11/2001, Paris, France):
Web developement with EOF (Enterprise Object Framework) in both ObjectiveC and Java on MacOSX
- Programmer at Osis (08/1998-11/2001, Paris, France):
Worked on a point of sales software, covering all product life cycle. As kiosk software written in Java and interfacing with Sybase database.
- Internship at INLN (Math-Physics lab) (10/1996-01/1998, Nice, france):
Numerous numerical simulations to study multi dimensional non linear partial differential equations. Written on NeXT computer in ObjectiveC.